Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The precocious crone slouches towards bloggerdom

I've wanted to start some sort of public blog for several years, now; my Blogger account is full of abortive half-starts and titles I reserved to see if they fit.

They didn't. I was hoping some clever name would capture my heart and niche and inspire extensive posting; in college, a clever title could practically write a thesis paper. Everything read as far too specific and limiting, though.

Precocious Crone was a private nickname I'd had for myself, yet it seemed to fit: I'm one of those eccentric twentysomethings with wide-ranging interests, but battling chronic illness has encouraged me to embrace the aesthetics of a somewhat elderly lifestyle. It seems apt to start this rather self-indulgent project on my birthday: a new year full of domesticity and disability, of fatigue and the occasional snatch of fabulousness.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment